It’s about time our Villagers could defend their own homes. The Iron Golem population is stretched too thin and cannot protect them without help!
This mod adds a new Guard Badge used to promote villagers to Village Guards.
Recipe: 4 iron nuggets (1 in each corner), 1 iron ingot (in the middle)
Use: Craft a Guard Badge and right-click a Villager to Promote them to a Village Guard!
1. Can be right-clicked with a Guard Badge (recipe above) to Promote them into a Village Guard!
- Guards remain nearby the Village where they were promoted.
- They will protect Villagers from any hostile mobs, (except Creepers).
- They spawn with a Wooden Sword.
- A single Guard can defend against 2-5 Zombies before dying!
- Dead Guards will drop a Wooden Sword and nothing more.
- Guards generally act like Iron Golems, they will patrol the village for you!
- Guards can also open doors to defend Villagers unlike Iron Golems.
- Danger does not sleep, therefore Guards do not either.
- Guards tend to avoid any blocks that could damage them but they CAN swim! Just not in lava.
- Guards will pick up better armor and weapons if it is dropped nearby!
Guards defending against a zombie herd: